Saturday, April 9, 2011

Western Quilters 12 by 12 Blocks

After seeing the 12 by 12 display at Hamilton Craft Show last year a group of us at Western Quilters decided to start our own group. We each get to choose a topic and have 2 months to make them - meaning this group is going to be going for 2 years.
Below are our first Blocks. The topic was 'A touch of Lace'. Only 10 of the 12


 By Barrie Ashton

 By Yvonne Goodall

 By Annette de Raat

 By Claire Vivash. Made with lace from her wedding dress and bridemaids dresses

 By Dianne Clayton

 By Dragica Behrent

 By Sue Weaver

 By Jules Devine. I love the way the lace looks like foam on the breaking waves.

 By Grania Bennett

and my Block!!! Mask covered with Satin - then I added sequins, feathers and lace! Channelling my inner Diva/Drag Queen.

The next blocks are due by end of May and the topic is Teddy Bears. I guess I will have to channel my inner Pooh Bear for that one!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting them on your blog. I didn't get to see them all at the meeting. They are all great. Such wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fantastic! Can't wait to see the Teddy Bear ones.

    ReplyDelete